$ 71,089.20 and amazing benefits
$5000 signing bonus!
2 on/2 off rotation!
**PLEASE INCLUDE COPIES OF ALL REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS (SEE BELOW) ON SUBMISSION OF YOUR RESUME**
***Applicants must be USA resident/citizen, currently located in the USA.***
Our client: The Alaska Marine Highway System (AMHS) is hiring hard-working, focused individuals to keep Alaska moving! The Junior Engineer is responsible for maintenance and operation of mechanical equipment on board AMHS vessels.
Live, work and PLAY in the year-round wonderland that is Alaska! If you qualify, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Would you like to:
Do you have friends who are qualified, and have a sense of adventure? Why not have them apply as well!
Ideally you have:
- Train new unlicensed personnel in engine room duties and stand engine room watch with Oiler
- Assist in maintenance and overhaul diesel engines and other equipment
- Maintain stateroom plumbing, heating, ventilation and electrical equipment
- Assist with vehicle security
- Update inventory/maintenance management system
- Maintains batteries, deck machinery, refrigeration equipment, sanitary systems and equipment
- Operate lathe, drill presses, welding machines
- Assist with taking on fuel, water, spares, ballast
- Be a member of the emergency squad
- Perform other duties as assigned
QMED – Jr Engineer
- US Coast Guard issued Merchant Mariner’s Credential endorsed with:
Able Seafarer Engine
Rating Forming part of an Engineering Watch
Proficiency in use of Survival Craft
Basic Training (formerly Basic Safety Training)
- USCG STCW (international) Ratings:
Making it worth your while:
- Valid TWIC card
- Valid USCG Medical Certificate
- Passenger RO/RO for Crowd Management
- Valid Driver’s license
- Experience working with travelling public, being responsive to their needs
- Good proficiency in the English language
- Ability to remain calm in emergency situations
- Experience using hand and power tools
Alaska Executive Search is here for you!
- Excellent benefits package (including Health, Life, Dental, paid leave, 11 paid holidays per year and other benefits)
- Solid employer, excellent career path
- Work in your area of expertise in one of the most stunning locations in the world!
- Specialist recruiters, with over 50 years of combined experience
- No cost to our applicants
- Ability to look for a job while you’re still working
- Certified Staffing Consultants work for our clients, and advocate for our candidates
- Friendly Associate Recruiters working with you to present your best self