Our client: Our client assists with the promotion of Alaska’s economic growth by partnering with other financial institutions to act as a funding resource. They are renowned for furthering a healthy economic climate for all Alaskans.
The position ensures accuracy and completeness of the General Ledger (to include balancing, reporting and maintenance of accounting records). Many varied and interesting responsibilities to keep your day moving fast – if you qualify please apply here or email your resume to email@example.com today!
Would you like to:
Ideally you have:
- Work closely with management, providing financial data/analysis to management team and others. Oversee daily accounting activities (AP, AR, investments, capital projects, loans and recording of those activities in GL)
- With restricted funding sources, control operating and capital budgets - monitor expenditure activity, report budget status to management
- Supervise, approve and monitor project budgets, encumbrances and expenditures processing
- Manage financial transactions of awarded federal grants, assuring compliance with all federal financial reporting requirements
- Manage federal receipts, federal grant applications, ensuring federal financial assistance award applications are correctly completed
- Prepare financial reports to meet Code of Federal Regulations and Federal Awards Audit requirements
- Coordinate and assist external auditors
- Other duties as assigned
The door would open further with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, minimum of five years of professional accounting experience
- Experience preparing audited financial statements
- Working knowledge of auditing standards, Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) pronouncements, knowledge of OMB circulars and Code of Federal Regulations
- Skills in financial reporting, analysis, communication, supervision and problem-solving
- Knowledge of governmental budgeting principles and practices
Making it worth your while:
- CPA, prior public accounting experience and supervisory experience
Alaska Executive Search is here for you!
- Long-term temp assignment – benefits offered!
- Amazing Alaskan organization, with a thriving, busy team
- Positive work environment
- Excellent addition for your resume!
- Specialist recruiters, with over 50 years of combined experience
- No cost to our applicants
- Ability to look for a job while you’re still working
- Certified Staffing Consultants work for our clients, and advocate for our candidates
- Friendly Associate Recruiters working with you to present your best self
PeopleAK provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. While working within the parameters of an Alaska Native Organization, hiring preference will be given to shareholders/spouses/descendants and other Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.